Wednesday, November 24, 2010

When It Rains, It Pours

Have you ever heard the saying, "Be careful what you ask for"?  Well, it rings true for me lately.  Since we are military living overseas, we can use coupons in the Commissary up to six months past the expiration date.  Back in the states, I was an avid coupon clipper.  I really miss getting a weekly paper.  So I posted on facebook about two months ago that I was in need of some coupons.  About 5 people responded and said they would like to help. But when it was all said and done, only one person sent coupons.

It was nice to have them but my supplies were getting low, so I decided to post on facebook again and see if anyone would respond.  I had about the same response as the previous time...about 5 people.  But this time it was different.  Coupons have begun pouring in...so many of them that I've had to share the wealth with my friends and neighbors.




Thank you to all of you who sent coupons to me.  You have helped not only me but a lot of other people too.  Considering the Commissary doesn't doulble coupons, I was able to save over $30.00 on my first shopping trip with all my "new" coupons. 

No comments: