Saturday, November 13, 2010

10 Things I Enjoy

There are things that are a part of life that we don't like to do, like cleaning up puke or wiping poopy butts, and there are things that we enjoy.  I will stick to the positive things and share with you 10 things I enjoy.  I hope you don't expect to see a theme, these 10 things may just jump all over the place.

1.  Being a mom - this is one of those jobs that you  take the good along with the bad.  I love snuggling up with my girls.  I love teaching them and seeing them "get it".  I love their whit and humor, which makes me laugh daily.  I love seeing Christ in them, how they love others and put others first.

2.  Organizing - When I was young, I used to organize my aunt's kitchen cabinets just for the fun of it. I love helping people get organized and seeing the change from before to after.  My husband will probably tell you that my organizing drives him nuts.  He will lay an item somewhere only to come back and find it missing. When he asks me if I have seen it I reply, "Of course, I have been organizing and I put it in the drawer."  He should have known not to ask if I've seen it but just to ask where it might be.

3.  Reading - I love to read.  I wish I had more time to read.  Some of the authors I like to read are Karen Kingsbury, Terry Blackstock, Gary Chapman, Dr. Kevin Leman....just to name a few.  I also enjoy doing Beth Moore Bible studies.  I like to read for fun.  And I like to read to learn.  Those books take longer to get through because I want to be able to apply them in my life.

4.  Singing - Even though I am not a great vocalist, I like to sing, especially worship music.  I like singing even more with my family.  Sometimes my husband will get out his guitar and we will just sit around the living room with the girls and sing.

5.  Cooking - As I've said before, I am not risk taker but I have ventured out in this area with regard to cooking.  In the past, I would have never tried a new recipe when company was coming over or tried winging a recipe, but I'm doing better in getting out of my comfort zone. 

6.  Cleaning - I like seeing the difference from being dirty to clean.  What else is there to say.  I am not a fan of cleaning clothes though.

7. Having company - I like having friends, family and new acquaintances over for an evening of food, fun and fellowship.

8. Milk chocolate and caramel - just had to throw that in here :)

9. Holidays - Growing up, our immediate family would get together with all of our aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents for the holidays.  I would always look forward to these gatherings.  We would even get together to celebrate birthdays (quarterly), babies being born and cousins getting married. My mom is the youngest of 5 and each of my aunts/uncles have 2 or 3 children and we (the grandchildren) have 3 or 4 children.  Can you imagine what the holidays look like at our family gatherings?

10. Encouraging Women to be Better Wives and Mothers - Life is hard enough as it is...it is always better when we can have a Battle Buddy or someone to encourage and mentor us in area that we struggle.  Here in Korea, I am still trying to find my niche and apply this in my life. 


 May these words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

No comments: