We all have hopes, dreams, aspirations, and things we want to do. When I was a little girl, all I wanted to do was to grow up and become a mommy. When I was a teenager, I knew that I wanted to marry a pastor. In college, I started getting interested in the medical field.
My goals have changed over the years because I have reached some of those goals and the others because life has shown me that they are not for now. I am constantly telling my husband that I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. While my focus for now is to raise my chilren, I still have some things on my heart that I would like to do.
1. Take my children on the mission field - I am not talking about being a full-time missionary but taking my girls on short term trips. It is the trips that I went on as a teenager that really impacted my life. I want my daughters to see that people all over the globe need Jesus and that we are His hands and feet.
2. Go back to college - I have my bachelor's degree in Pastoral ministry but I would like to go back to school. I waiver in what I want to do. My interest in the medical field says to go to nursing school. My heart for people tells me to study Christian Counseling. I am not sure where I will end up down the road but I always want to be bettering myself as a person, a leader and a friend.
3. Have a homestead - I don't think I could make my own clothing from the wool that I harvest (is that even the right word) but I would love to be able to sustain myself and my family on the land. This past year, I began grinding my own grain to make our baked goods. I would love to expand that to include raising some animals. I know, those of you who know me are laughing out loud right now. I am not an animal person. But these animals would not be in my house.
4. Travel to each state in the United States of America - A few years ago, my husband and I mapped out our "Dream Vacation". It included most of the great parks of the United States. Growing up on the East Coast, I have not really ventured west to do any sightseeing. I have been to California, but only in the San Francisco airport. I want to do more than see cities based on flying through them. I hope that our "Dream Vacation" becomes a reality in the near future.
5. See the world with my husband and children - Ok, maybe not the entire world but there are many beautiful things in God's wonderful creation that I would like to experience with my family.
6. Learn to play the piano - I took about six months of piano lessons as a child and then I gave up. Now I really wish I would have stuck it out. I guess it's not to late....better late than never right?
7. Be more patient - If patience is a virtue, then I am far from virtuous. I desire to be more patient with my children and husband. I know this is a process and I am thankful that God is still working on me.
8. Speak Spanish fluently - You'd think by now that a girl like me....who took five years of Spanish and is married to a man whose first language was Spanish, would be able to speak Spanish. But sadly, I do not. I gotta get rid of the fear. Maybe then I'll be able to do it.
9. Write a book - Why? I am not really sure but I would like to write a book one day. What would it be about? I don't know...maybe life. My experiences. When I know...I'll be sure to let you know.
10. Raise children who love and serve God- This is pretty much self-explanatory. I want my kids to love God and serve Him with their gifts and talents.