Wednesday, November 17, 2010

10 Things I Know

Our experiences in life can teach us many things, if we are willing to learn through them.  These experiences show us things that we should avoid, how to treat others, how to and not to parent, and many more things.  Everyday I continue to learn new things.  I just hope that I am smart enough to apply them in my life so I don't end up having to repeat the hard lessons.

There are many things I have learned in the last 38 years.  I will share a mere 10 of them with you.

1.  Parenting is a hard job, especially the tween and teen years.

2.  A good marriage takes work, it doesn't just happen.

3.  The people closest to you will hurt you more than those you really don't know.

4.  Life has it's good and it's bad. 

5. God can heal and restore relationships that you thought were over.

6. A family is made up of people who are all very different from each other.

7.  You can't change people, only God can, so don't keep trying.

8.  Yelling doesn't make your kids hear you any better than talking in a regular tone.

9.  As parents, our children display our best and worst character traits and it is usually magnified.

10. The more stuff you have, the more time and work it takes to keep it clean.


So what lessons have you learned from life?

No comments: