Thursday, November 18, 2010

10 Favorite Books...or not

I love to read.  I read to learn, to better myself, to be able to help others or just for fun.  I know I said that I am going to post my 10 favorite books, but right now I am having trouble coming up with my top 10.  I thought about breaking it down into catagories...like my favorite marriage book or my favorite parenting book.  Well, that's not really working for me either.

I am going to have to change this post to what is on my current "To Read List" and a few of my favorite authors.  Sorry to disappoint you, but I think I'll go crazy trying to narrow things down.

These are the books on my night stand that I am currently reading or will be reading soon.

1.  Me and My Big Mouth by Joyce Meyer
2.  Boundaries with Teens by Dr. John Townsend
3.  Crazy Love by Francis Chan
4.  The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns
5.  Life Skills for Kids by Christine Field
6.  Girl Talk: Mother-Daughter Conversations on Biblical Womanhood by Carolyn Mahaney and Nicole Mahaney Whitacre
7.  Miracles by Terri Blackstock

My favorite book is The Bible. 

A few of the authors that I enjoy reading are:

Dr. Kevin Leman
Gary Chapman
Terri Blackstock
Karen Kingsbury
Kay Arthur
James Dobson
Dennis and Barbara Rainey
Gary Smalley

I know this post started out as 10 favorites and ended up turning into something completely different.  I hope you are still encouraged.


What is your favorite book(s)?  What author(s) do you like to read? 

Is there a book that has inspired or challenged you? 

No comments: