Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Spicy Garlic Chicken Pizza

The other day my daughter asked for pizza for dinner.  I made sure I had cheese on hand and flour to make the dough but never got around to making it.  So tonight, she asked if we were having pizza and I said sure.

I didn't want to do the same red sauce, mozzarella cheese pizza that we always make, so I went through my recipes to find something different.  I found one that a friend gave me about 7 years ago and I realized that I have never made it....so tonight was the night!

When we at this recipe at my friend Gen's house, it was really spicy, so for my non-spice loving family, I really cut back the amount of red pepper in the recipe.  Everyone loved it, so this is one recipe that needs to be brought out of hiding and used again.

(I want to upload a picture but the uploader is not working right now.  I'll try again later)


SPICY GARLIC CHICKEN PIZZA
12 oz. chicken (breast deboned is easiest)
3/4 cup sliced green onion
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 Tbsp. white vinegar
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp crushed red pepper ( OR ground red pepper, which makes for a spicier pizza)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1  12" -15" pizza shell
1/2 - 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese, grated

Cut the chicken in to small pieces.  Combine 1/2 of green onion, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, 2 Tbsp. oil and peppers.  Add chicken and mix well.  Let marinade in the frig for at least 30 minutes.  Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet, add the chicken, and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.  Stir cornstarch into marinade.  Add to chicken and cook on med-high until thick and bubbly.  Spoon evenly onto the crust.  Top with cheeses and bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.  Top with remaining green onions.


Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did.  What kind of pizza do you make?  Post a link to your favorite recipe.

No comments: