Friday, January 6, 2012

Pinterest


A few months ago I was asking....what in the world is Pinterest? I had heard the term popping up all over facebook but I had no idea what it really is, until now.

According to their website,  "Pinterest is a Virtual PinboardPinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes." 

For me, instead of saving cool ideas in My Favorites in my browser, I can create a board with a topic and pin my favorite things onto the board.  It adds a picture to your pin, links back to the website where you found it and allows you to add a comment. 

What would do without Pinterest?  oh yeh, spend lots of time sorting through my favorites trying to remember what I saved.

So you may be asking, how do I join?  For now, it is by invitation only, so you'll need to ask a friend who is already a part of Pinteret to send you an invite. 

I wanted to write more on how to organize your boards and pins but I have been sick the last few days, so I'll have to save that for another day.

Happy pinning!

No comments: