Monday, January 2, 2012

New Beginnings

There is just something about the first day of the week, the first day of a new month or even the first of the new year.  For me, those days are good times to start something. Like a diet, a new routine or to kick a plan into action.


http://www.clipartheaven.com/


While I am not one for New Year's Resolutions, I am using the first day of this new year to start some new things in my life, or some old things that need to be new again.  A few of the things that I am beginning are  1)watching what I eat, 2)having daily devotions with Katelyn and 3)to blog on a regular basis.


 I don't want to say that I am dieting, because I really need it to be a lifestyle not just a diet. Plus it needs to be something that I can stick to and not forget about.  My goal is to give up all soda and fried foods.  Not that I buy soda on a regular basis or cook fried foods, but these two things become quick go to items when we are out.  A burger with fries and a soda are just so easy and usually cheaper than a salad.

I have devotions with the two little girls each night but I have noticed that the older ones are not always making the time.  For Christmas I bought Katelyn, The One Year Mother-Daughter Devo.  Each night before bed, she and I are spending time together doing the daily devotions.  I hope that it doesn't just become a routine but that through the time in the Word together, we both grow closer to the Lord and in our relationship with each other.

I want to be consistent with blogging.  For me, I do really well for awhile, then I seem to fall off the wagon.  I am planning to be more organized with my blogging and even what I blog about.  This next week, my goal is to put together a plan for blogging.  I am hoping that I can encourage women to be better mothers, daughters, wives, sisters and friends through the words that I right.

So do you have any goals for the new year?  Is there something that you have wanted to do but just haven't made the time to try?  Why not use the first day of the next month or even the first day of this next week to start something new.


6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.  Philippians 1:6 NASB

No comments: