Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DAISO

When we arrived in Korea over a year and a half ago, we came upon a store called DAISO.  It's a neat store that I would say is like a Dollar Tree or Dollar General but way better.  After asking some questions about the chain that is found all over Korea, we found out that it is actually not a Korean chain but a Japanese store. 

According to the DAISO website, "We have an independently developed and wide-ranging product lineup; high-quality products that are recognized not only in Japan, but all around the world; and low prices that are made possible by our large network of stores. All these elements have all been crucial for creating stores where our customers can find surprises and fun. The result is the Daiso Way that we have cultivated over the years."

After watching a video on their website, I came to find out that DAISO even has a handful of stores in the United States. 

While we have enjoyed shopping there, today I found a rare treat!  



You may not be as excited as I was but let me tell you why I was excited.  In case you don't know, Snyder's of Hanover is a snack food company known for it's pretzels.  It is located in Hanover, Pennsylvania.  Guess where my husband and I lived for over half of our married life ......in Hanover, PA!!!  Yes, there is a little bit of home in my local DAISO store here in Korea.  How cool is that!

I know that I can get Snyder's pretzels at my local Commisary but at a store in Korea, that's special!

No comments: