Monday, January 9, 2012

Hurry up and....WAIT!!

Do you ever feel that your life is like that?  You have to hurry up to get something accomplished and you put all this time and effort in to something only to have to wait?  I defintely feel like that....especially now. 

I am waiting for the assignment board to meet.  I am waiting for them to decide where we will be moving next (less than 100 days).  I am waiting for them to notify my husband's supervisor.  I am waiting for the supervisor to call my husband.  I am waiting for my husband to call me AND last but not least, I am waiting for the official documentation that will kick everything into gear....Orders!

UGH....this waiting is wearing me out!  Do you ever feel that way? Worn out from waiting for something or on someone else? 

I have friends who have moved back to the USA from Korea before us that had to wait....a really long time just for their orders.  In some cases, they did not have orders in their hands until three weeks before they were suppose to leave the country.  I am really praying that we don't have to wait that long.  I think the waiting would kill me.

Well, not literally, but sometimes I have a hard time waiting.  I remember back to 2008.  We were told that they needed chaplains to deploy and that they would move those not deploying to a unit that would be deploying.  We waited to see if my husband would be moved and nothing....then BOOM.  He received orders to move to a new unit a week later and then a week after that he left for a month of training.  Then when it came time to deployment, we new that we be going after January 1st but up to January 15th.  We had to just wait, not knowing when he would leave and when we would begin our one year separation.

I think the Army's motto could sometimes be, Hurry up and wait!  I know that if you or your spouse is in the military that you have experienced this motto at one time or another.  Thank goodness my life is not completely dependent upon the military. 

I have a relationship with Jesus Christ and my hope is in Him.  He is the one who gets me through the hard times that life throws my way.  I am reminded in His Word not to worry and to wait on Him.


6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7


31 Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary
.
Isaiah 40:31


Sometimes life gets the best of us, but we need to put our hope and our trust in God, not men.  People and systems will always fail us and disappoint us, but God is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Are you sitting around waiting for something to happen?  Did you have to hurry up and complete something only to realize that there is no where to go?  Trust in Him today that He will give you the strength to get through your situation.  May you know His peace as you wait!

No comments: