Saturday, July 24, 2010

Yummy's Restaurant

Yummy's is a Korean restaurant located just below our apartment complex.  I have been there a few times already and have sampled some fine foods.  This afternoon I was having lunch with some friends from the neighborhood.  I joined them a bit late and everyone  had ordered already.  I asked what everybody had ordered and it seemed that everyone was getting their same favorite dish. One of those dishes I had never tried before, so I decided to give it a whirl. It was an Egg Roll, and they had a few different kinds to choose from, so I ordred the Shrimp Egg Roll.

My Shrimp Egg Roll
Boy, I could already  taste it.  I haven't had an egg roll in quite some time and I was ready to bite into one.  When my friends roll arrived, it looked nothing like I had imagined.  I guess I was thinking Chinese Egg Roll and this was a Korean one....meaning VERY different.  Her roll also had what appeared  to me to be fish eggs all over the top off it and that kinda grossed me out.  I'm not the caviar type of girl. I was very anxious about mine, since it had not yet arrived.  I was very pleased that I did not see it covered in fish eggs like hers was but it was still not the egg roll I had  been imagining.

It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't bad either.  Thankfully it was not spicy.  You never know when you order Korean food  how spicy it will or will not be.  I don't think I will order it again, but hey, this girl who likes routines and doesn't like to try new things is venturing out.  I think just living in a foreign country will do that to you.  You either stay in your apartment and only shop on the post, or you learn to get out of your comfort  zone and try new things.  So, why don't you do something new this  week. Come on, you know you can do it.  Take a friend alone to make it easier.
SsaSak Bibimbap


Flying Fish Egg Roll

No comments: