Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Fail

Today I decided to try a new recipe and even though we all ate it, it didn't turn out like it was suppose to.

We love English Muffins and since I have been making all our breads and even tortillas, I thought I would give the English Muffin a try.  We use them to make Eggs Benedict, to eat for breakfast with jelly and sometimes for lunch with peanut butter on it.  I have had the recipe sitting out on my counter for a few weeks but never got around to making them...until today.

The directions were not difficult at all.  I mixed the ingredients together and then let the dough sit for an hour.  I came back to add the rest of the ingredients and roll out my muffins.  While they rested again, I made sure the kids were ready for the day  

My recipe stated to cook on a hot griddle.  So I heated up my cast iron and was ready to go. The only question I had at this point was how long to cook the English muffins.  The recipe I found online only stated to "good on a hot griddle."  At this point I began to smell something burning.  It was my muffins...my pan must have been too hot.  I turned it down and flipped them over. I also consulted another recipe since the insides of my muffins didn't appear to be cooking but the outsides were getting dark.  The other recipe calls for baking them.  So I cranked up the oven and hoped that I could get the insides to cook after spending some time in the oven.

This is my final product.


They don't look horrible but there were no "nooks and crannies" in them.  I basically made a dense biscuit.  The girls ate them, so they couldn't have been that bad.  I have since researched some other recipes on the Internet and will try to make English Muffins again.

No comments: