Monday, October 4, 2010

Making Your Home a Haven: Week One

This month I am joining up with Courtney at Women Living Well for her Making Your Home a Haven Fall Challenge.  Each Monday during the month of October, she will be posting a challenge for us to complete during that week.  The challenge will include both a practical and spiritual tip that we can apply to our lives and our homes. 

Proverbs 14:1 says  "The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."  We should strive to be the wise woman, who builds her house, because if the things we do, the way we speak or how we act does not build up our home...it will tear it down.

This week's challenge for the week of October 4th - Go buy an extra large candle and light a candle everyday in your home. I will be starting mine in the morning! But you can start yours at dinner time. Do what makes sense for your family. I will be placing mine in the kitchen - the main hub of my home. Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home.

I don't know about you but I want my home to be a place of safety and security for my family.  I want them to enjoy being there and desire to spend time at home.  I pray that as we seek to Make Our Home a Haven, that everyone in our family will be blessed.

If you want to read Courtney's post for this week's challenge, click here.

7 comments:

Cami said...

What an awesome challenge.

Theresa said...

I am participating too. I want the same things for my home. Great challenge for us women :)

Sharon Cohen said...

This is the most wonderful blog hop I've found so far! Without this kind of challenge - I slip into apathy and laziness - lack on intentionality, really. And my home suffers. Glad to have such wonderful women to meet and be inspired by!

I'm the link with the Dean Martin Picture if you'd like to stop by.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

So need that in my home, too.

I'm so excited about this challenge. :)

Great to meet you!
Sherry

A Humble Planter said...

I am stopping by from Miss Courtney's Haven Challenge! I am glad I did and have found another MilSpouse to connect with on a spiritual level! I cannot wait to see where this journey leads us over the next month!!

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

I am also participating in this challenge. I am so happy to meet so many wonderul women who care about the tone they set for the home...

Blessings,
Virginia

Melissa said...

Best wishes on Courtney's fall challenge....I pray that you feel God's peace as you continue to seek His direction!

Many Blessings,
Melissa