Monday, October 25, 2010

Making Your Home a Haven: Week Four

Keep the candles burning, music playing, and continue the soft spoken words.  The challenge from Courtney at Women Living Well for this week is to add tender moments with your family. 

What does a tender moment look like?  Courtney gives a few suggestions such as...

Have a pillow party in the family room and get out every blanket and pillow in the house and be cozy with the kids or your hubby! Enjoy a cozy evening of hot cider and caramel corn. Give a 5 minute back rub to every single person in your house...and for a double challenge- try to give one every day to each family member!   Click here to read Courtney's post.

Without even reading about this challenge until later in the day, I had already started to add tender moments with my family.  It mainly happened because one of my little girls was not listening today.  I thought she might need some extra attention, so I went to her bedroom, where she was having a time out.  I told her to climb up in my lap and I held her, rocked her and sang "Jesus Loves Me" to her.

I'd like to say that I had a great response, but that was not true.  In fact, her sister came into the room and saw what I was doing and broke out in a tearful cry.  I think she was jealous because from across the room, she held up her hands for me to pick her up.

I hope to be able to meet each family member with this challenge and if I can do it daily, that would  even be better.  So this week, don't forget to take time out of your busy schedules to spend tender moments with those whom you care about the most.  Our days on this earth is not guaranteed, so make the most of every opportunity you have with those you love.  May they see Christ in you...for He is the hope of glory (Col 1:27).


No comments: