Monday, October 18, 2010

Making your Home a Haven: Week Three

During week one we began by burning a candle and praying for peace in our homes.  During the second week, we added in listening to soothing music and striving for peaceful conversations and relationships within the home.  Now we are at Week Three.

This week's challenge from Courtney at Women Living Well is this:

List a few of the spots in your home that make you visually stressed because of all the clutter. Now go buy something for that spot - like a basket to put it all in! Work on cleaning up clutter. Throw things away. While you're at it - clean up some clutter in your spiritual life. What gets in the way of your peace spiritually?


Now on to the spiritual part - let's get down to business!


I John 1:9 says "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

1. Pause here at your computer and answer this question...what sin have I not confessed?  Now confess it! That's all and be free!

All of us carry the stain of sin. Sin is something we all have in common. At any moment we may sin again...
Often times we let ourselves off the hook too easily. We justify our sin saying "I'm just discerning not judgemental. I'm just truthful not rude. I'm just sharing prayer requests not gossiping"

At this point in my life the clutter is not a problem.  I am doing well with keeping on top of my home.  I would hope this wouldn't be a problem considering that only two months ago our earthly possessions finally arrived here in Korea.

The second part of the challenge is what will be difficult for me.  I am a first born perfectionist...I don't like to be wrong and sometimes I have a hard time admitting when I am wrong.  BUT God is working on me in this area....along with many others.  I'm glad He hasn't given up on me, because somedays  I wonder about myself.

If you want to read about this challenge directly from Courtney's blog, click here.

You can do this...Make Your House a Haven that is.  Some days  it takes more work than others.  Sometimes you may wonder if it's worth it.  Let me tell you.. it is worth it.  The sacrifices that you are making, the time you are spending in prayer for your family, the self examination you are doing...it will all be worth it.  Your children will thank you, though maybe not today or even tomorrow.  When we seek God and His righteousness...all these things will be added to you.  (Matthew 6:33)

Be Blessed!

No comments: