Monday, August 23, 2010

Eating Our Daily Bread

I am excited that our HHG (belongings) are finally making their way to Korea. We received word that they will be here next week. It has been a long 11 weeks without the comforts from home.

One of the things that I have been really missing is my devotional and Bible study materials.  Since arriving in Korea, I was able to snag an "Our Daily Bread" from the chapel.  I have been using this for the past two and a half months for my quiet time, but I can't wait till our stuff arrives.

Before leaving the states, I had purchased some new study books to use for my quiet time.  I have enjoyed Beth Moore's studies, so I have Stepping Up: A Journey through the Psalms of Ascent coming.  Upon a recommendation, I also decided to try Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed.: A Study of David.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of these new studies so I can start digging a little deeper into the Word.  In addition to what I have been doing, I am also reading through the entire Bible from front to back.  I started in Genesis over a year  ago and I am nearing the end.  It has been a great journey to take and will probably continue it again when I am finished.  Have you ever realized that there are just somethings that when you do them they again, you see a different perspective or something you missed the first time.  That's how I feel it is when you read the Bible again...and again.

No comments: