Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 100

Today marks my 100th day in Korea.  I don't have anything special planned for this occasion.  I can't believe how time is flying but I am glad time is flying.  Don't get me wrong...I really like Korea and I am enjoying this experience that our family is able to have, I just don't like being so far away from my family for this long. If we were living near my parents and sister, we would get together to celebrate birthdays and holidays and sometime just hang out because we like to be together.  I have also been missing the almost daily phone calls that I would have with my sister when we lived in the states.

Now that school started I am trying to get into a routine.  The first two weeks were a bit crazy with the typhoon (no school) and Labor Day (no school again), but this week is suppose to be a full week of classes.  That is until next week, which is Chusok.  It has been explained to me as the Korean version of Thanksgiving but it is a three day celebration and during this holiday everyone migrates back home to celebrate with their family.  So again, the girls will not have a full day of school next week.

But I am trying to get into a good routine with the younger girls.  I am homeschooling Victoria and Breanna together for Kindergarten, even though Breanna is just about to turn only 4 years old.  We are using a new curriculum this year, My Father's World, and so far they are enjoying it.  Tuesdays are Story Time at the library and even though we were the only ones there the other week, we will continue to attend and have even invited friends to go with us.

Angel is busy with his job as the chaplain for his unit and also the only chaplain on Camp Stanley.  This means he is responsible for the Sunday Protestant service each week, in which he not only preaches but leads the worship too.  In an effort to attract families to the chapel, we have begun a Children's Church program for those who are potty trained through 7 years old. It is nice to see families starting to attend.

Angel has started to take a TaeKwonDo class that is offered at the local post in the evenings.  His goal is to attend 3 times a week, in addition to his regular PT (physical training) that is done with the Army.  I have decided to start back on weight watchers and I am in the process of trying to find a regular workout routine that will work in my schedule.  Hopefully by the time we leave Korea, we will be fit and healthy.

So in the light of our time that we have already been here, we have accomplished 1/7 of the time that Angel is assigned to be here.  Seems like we have hardly made a dent in it but I am sure that the next time I reflect back, we will be getting closer to finishing his tour.  I hope that we can get in all the sights we want to see in the next 600 days or so.  Have a great day!

No comments: