Tuesday, February 1, 2011

China...Here We Come??

The countdown to my parents' arrival is Korea is gaining speed.  We are now at about 45 days until the girls get to see their grand mom.  One of our plans for their visit to Korea is to hop on over to China to see The Great Wall.  We have been looking up and pricing airline, hotel and excursions for the last month or so.  Today I logged on to hopefully do some purchasing  and was floored.  The airfare has increased by $200 per ticket.  Times that by 8 tickets and you see what I am talking about.


My plan right now is to look at some package deals that certain companies may be offering instead of doing our airfare and hotel separately.  I knew the price might go up a little bit the closer we got to our actual date but I did not expect this much of an increase.


I am hoping to find something that will work for all of us this week and to get it secured.  Even though my mom is a travel agent, she has not been to China before.  So if you are reading this and have ventured out to see The Great Wall or Ming Tombs, I will take any suggestions and advice you have.  I am running short on time and need to get something done sooner than later.

No comments: