Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice Skating

A few months ago, I had planned to do a post on our trip to the Uijeongbu Ice Rink but my video camera had a fatal HDD Error and everything on it was gone.  Thankfully I had purchased a service contract on the camera and I was able to mail it back to the states to have it repaired.  I am still hoping that they might be able to find what was recorded on the camera's hard drive and save it.  Only time will tell.




In the meantime, we took another trip to the Ice Rink and I used a my little camera to take a few pictures. It's a bit hard to take pictures when every few minutes or even seconds, you are picking a kid up from the ice.  The little girls had fun but they actually did better the first time we went.  This past week, the Korean schools were still on Winter Holiday so the rink was much more crowded then the first time we went skating.


Katelyn loves skating and just takes off on her own to practice her little hops and spins.  If she could, she would skate everyday.  She has even asked me to buy her a pair of skates.  I think I will wait awhile before I make this investment.








The cost is not too bad.  We paid 4500 Won for the children and 5500Won for the adults.  The price includes admission, skates and a helmet.  I am assuming that you can skate for as long as they are open.  We arrived around 1:00 PM and left a little before 4:00PM.  I should have someone who speaks Korean ask if they have a yearly pass!


The last time we went to the Ice Rink, a reporter from a military newspaper came along and took some pictures.  Breanna and I happen to make it to print.  Here is a link to the article, though I have no idea where the guy got that quote.  Definitely not from me.

No comments: