Thursday, February 17, 2011

One Happy Child

Last Monday, Katelyn went to meet her friends at the school bus.  She walked her one friend home and then went over to the other friends house.  When she came home, she realized that her itouch was missing.  We searched the house.  We searched the path the she walked.  We went to the guardshack at both our apartment complex and the neighboring one.  No itouch.

I felt so bad for her.  She had saved all of her birthday money and then some to purchase this it all by herself.  She cried and cried.  We talked about the lessons one might learn and she told me that she did not want to learn any lessons.  I encouraged her to pray. 

A few days later, she told me that maybe she was suppose to learn something from this.  She was encouraged.  She decided that she would begin saving money toward a new itouch.  Her piggy bank already had $10.00 in it and she was determined.  She even found $5.00 while on a ski trip with her TaeKwonDo class.

Last night I received a call on my cell phone.  The caller asked if I spoke Korean.  I said no and the converstation was over.  A little while later the same number appeared on caller id.  The gentleman asked again if I spoke Korean.  I said no.  He told me that he didn't speak English.  Then he said itouch.  Could this really be happening?

I said yes, lost itouch.  I attempted to ask him where he lives and told him where I lived.  We live in the same apartment building.  He said...I bring tomorrow.  I did not want Katelyn to get her hopes up, so I did not tell her.  Since I was out for the evening, I called my husband and informed him of the phone call. 

When I got home for the evening, Katelyn ran up to me...her face was beaming.  She told me that a neighbor's wife found the itouch at the bus stop.  The found my phone number in the itouch and that is why they called.

I was encouraged for Katelyn.  God does answer prayers.  Even the little ones.

No comments: