Saturday, June 26, 2010

Noises in the night


Tonight as I was getting ready to go to sleep, I could hear the pitter patter of the rain that was steadily coming down. As I began to doze off, I was abruptly awoken by a scream, shouting and whistling. I sat up in my bed, wondering what in the world was going on. It got louder and louder. I looked out my bedroom window to an empty courtyard...then it hit me. Korea was playing tonight in the World Cup Games.


Last week in our neighborhood, we saw people setting up a large video screen and a sound system in an empty area across from our apartment complex. Now I know what they were doing. Getting ready for the game. We saw them setting up again this afternoon too.


Pride for their nation and their team is alive here in Korea as they compete in South Africa. Red shirts are being worn everywhere to show their support. Angel and I talked about getting shirts for the girls and I to show support of our "new home". I guess I won't be getting much sleep tonight...and even more so if they win. Good luck Korea!!

No comments: