Thursday, January 27, 2011

Counting Down



I'm so excited.  


In just 49 days, my mom is coming to Korea to visit us.  Did I say how excited I am?  It's been over 7 months since I have seen my parents and I miss them.  My mom will be here for almost a month.  My dad will be joining us a little bit later, as he has to work and can only be here for two weeks. 


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoido_Full_Gospel_Church


I am planning things for us to do while they are here.  We are going to visit Yoido Full Gospel Church (which has approximately 1 million members), see some palaces and temples and do some sightseeing around the city of Seoul.  We also hope to take a hop over to Beijing, China to be able to see The Great Wall.






We have about 14 months left of our tour and there is much to see and do in this beautiful country.  While some days it is hard living in a country that does not speak English, we have a unique opportunity that many will never get.


We want to take advantage of our time in Korea and especially having family join us for a few weeks.


Our next countdown will be for a visit to the states after the school year ends, so we have much to look forward to in the next 6 months.


Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the monotony of the day, week or even month.  We need to stop and find something to look forward to, to be grateful for or to celebrate.


Take sometime today to reflect on the good things that are in your life.  If they are people, let them know what they mean to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU and your lifelong friendship are a 'good thing' in my life!! HUGS from York...