Monday, January 3, 2011

90 Day Challenge

I have recently read on a number of blogs about a 90 Day Challenge to read the Bible in its entirety.  While I have read the entire Bible numerous times,  I have never read it in only 90 days.  So, I decided to take on this challenge beginning today. 


If you go here, at the bottom right hand side of the page under FAMILY RESOURCE, you can find reading schedules for everyone in your family.  I printed them off for me and the older girls.  I am trying to find the younger girls’ story Bible to read through it with them also. 

There is just something about a new year that makes me want to do new and exciting things.  It’s a great time of year to jump start all those good intentions that I keep talking about doing.

I don’t think you can go wrong by committing to do something that will increase your knowledge of God’s Word and strengthen your relationship with Him. 

I was actually surprised at how quick I was able to read the first 16 chapters of Genesis today.  I know everyday won’t be like today, but I am hoping to keep pressing on, even when I feel like the day in pressing in around me.

So when is the last time you have read the Bible in its entirety?  Maybe you’re not quite ready for a 90 Day Challenge, but how about reading the Bible in a year.  That’s doable…right.    Click here to go to the One Year Bible Reading plan.  Whichever one you decide is best for you, start at it and don’t stop until your done.  You can do it!  I know you can.


No comments: