Thursday, October 23, 2008

PWOC

You might be asking...what is PWOC? I initially did. PWOC stands for Protestant Women of the Chapel. It is a non demoninational group of women that meets on Army bases to LEAD women to Christ, TEACH them, help them DEVELOP spiritually and INVOLVE them. At Fort Hood, our PWOC meets on Monday evenings (especially for those who work during the day) for dinner, fellowship, worship and Bible Study and then again on Tuesday mornings. After meeting together as a group, the women break out into small groups/classes of their choice for the semester. There are always many good classes to choose from to encourage you in your walk with the Lord and to help you grow in your faith.

This fall I have comitted to team teach a Monday night class. I wasn't sure which one I wanted to do, but when I went the first night where they present the classes offered...it kind of jumped out at me. Many of you know we are getting ready to face our first deployment in the very near future....the class that I chose is base on a book by Ronda Sturgill called "Wives of the Warriors".

Here is a summary from Ronda's website of this book...."we study a different Biblical Principle that applies to the following circumstances:
Moving frequently
Deployments
Single parenting, yet happily married
Leaving employment
Loneliness, anger, and frustration
Participation in this study encourages interaction with Scripture for the purpose of changing attitudes and actions. Through in-depth study of His Word, we learn God's plans, purposes and promises for our lives."

Well, when I saw the deployment and single parenting yet happily married, I knew this was the class for me since this will be my life for 12 months. It has been a good class thus far but I was very encouraged the other night during class.

Our topic this week was dealing with our Weaknesses. I was very well prepared, as it was my week to teach....we started, but never finished the lesson. We have some newer Christians or those even brought up going to church but did not grow up having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Questions came up about not being worthy...hurts from their past religious experiences...understanding God's restoring work in our lives....and our access to God through Jesus Christ. I walked away from that lesson so excited!! A few of us were even in the parking lot for an additional 20 minutes or so talking and encouraging each other.

You know, this is what it's all about. Leading people to Christ and discipling them! Get exciting about God and His Word. I have a question for you.... where are you in your walk with God? Do you know Him as your Lord and Savior? Are you growing daily in your relationship with Him? Do you meet with your friend, Jesus regularly? We all hit roadblocks or tough times in our lives...but God wants more than anything to have a real and personal relationship with you. He wants you to spend time with Him. If you have become too busy for God, give Him 5 minutes of your time today. Don't start BIG and get overwhelmed. Start small and be consistant! Get our your Bible today and be encouraged by His promises to you and I. As you seek Him, expect Him to move in your life and circumstances.

No comments: