Monday, February 27, 2012

Sewing Project- Kid's Stroller Seat

My youngest child has been saving up her dollars to purchase a stroller for her doll.  She was so excited when her grandmother sent her some money for Valentine's Day.  So this weekend we went to Daiso to get her stroller. 

I must say that I should have checked it out before I let her purchase it because less than two days later, it ripped.  The seat portion of the stroller was only made from a cheap fabric. I felt so bad for her that even with my lack of sewing skills, I decided to try my hand at recreating the broken fabric seat.

This is what the seat looked like.




If you notice the fraying at the bottom left of the picture...this is where the stroller seat has broken.  I took the original seat and attempted to create a pattern from which I can make the new one. 

Considering sewing is not my forte, I think the seat turned out pretty good.  Here is a picture of the finished product.

No comments: