Friday, February 17, 2012

Making plans

While we are still waiting on the Army to give us official paperwork for our upcoming move, I am beginning to make plans for the future.  It is so hard to be totally dependent upon someone else or another entity to make decisions for our future.  Trust me....their timing is not like mine.  But in the midst of waiting, I need to keep moving forward.  I can't just sit in my apartment and do nothing while I wait.  I might be here a long time.

I am looking to the future and making plans for what I would like to see happen.  My first order of business is to get back to the United States and see my family.  That has been one of the hardest parts of living overseas these past two years. With the time difference, it is hard to communicate with friends and family in the states at a conducive time.  When I really want to talk to my mom or sister, they are in bed sleeping. 

Another thing I am looking forward to is going to a church that has programs for my children.  We have been in a chapel for the last two years and there is no local programs in English for my girls.  For awhile, we were driving 1 1/2 hours to Seoul for my oldest to attend youth group.  Life is hard for kids that age and to not have a positive Christian influence in their lives is even harder.  I am looking forward to sitting in a service every week instead of teaching the children's church so often.

I am hopeful that our family will be able to spend the holidays with aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents.  The distance from Korea to the USA has prevented us from participating in holiday events but with our move stateside, I hope that this will change.

One of the things that I have learned since my husband joined the Army just over 4 years ago is to make plans BUT always be flexible.  I am still learning this as things are not going the way I plan but I have to just be patient and wait. 

Maybe you are in a similar situation.  Things in your life are not falling into place the way you planned for them to.  Be flexible!  Be hopeful!  God has a plan for you and your life.  It may not be what you were thinking....but it will be good!  It might even be better. 

No comments: