Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dragon Hill Lodge

This week my husband did a Marriage Retreat at the Dragon Hill Lodge in Seoul for the soldiers and spouses from his unit.  Since the three day event was down in Seoul, the girls and I decided to join him for these few days. 

I was able to attend a few of the sessions he was doing for the married couples and individuals (those who are assigned to Korea for one year without their spouse or family).  At this retreat he presented the video series "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage" by Mark Gungor.  I'm not sure if you have seen this before, but the parts I saw were really good.  And of course, you are laughing most of the time, knowing how true it is.

I learned something new about my husband, or even men in general.  They have a "nothing box" and they like to go there frequently.  No wonder my husband seems disengaged at times.  It all makes sense now.

Since I missed a few sessions, I'll have to borrow his video and take a look at the rest of the portions that I missed.  Overall it appears that those who atteneded had a good time.  My prayer is that is individual who attended, walked away with something new and fresh that they can apply to their marriage. 

No comments: