Friday, May 7, 2010

What's Cookin'!

Wives of Faith is hosting a Mil Spouses Rock! Blog Carnival and today's topic is What's Cookin'

I would love to share a recipe from my collection of favorites but unfortunately we are in the middle of an overseas PCS to Korea and all of our belongings are in storage waiting to be sent overseas. So I am going to raid my mom's recipe box and share a recipe that my mom used to make for dessert.

Cream Puffs

Dough:
1 c. water
1 stick of oleo
bring to a boil and add 1 cup flour and 4 eggs.
Drop onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Cool.

Cream:
8 Tbs. cornstarch
1/3 to 1/2 c. sugar
1 quart of milk
4 eggs
2 tsp of vanilla
1 stick of butter

Mix cornstarch and sugar together. Add the remaining ingredients and cook slowly until thick. Cool. Cut/break open the puffs and add cream to the inside. Eat them and enjoy!

Head over to Wives of Faith.org and see what recipes the other ladies are sharing.

4 comments:

Chrysanthemama said...

Oh, my! I've never had homemade cream puffs. I can't wait to try these!

Aimee said...

Oooh those sound so heavenly!!! I'm definitely going to try these once we get settled at our next location!

Jessica said...

Oh my! Those sound out of this world!

Thanks for sharing =)

Ebony S said...

These sound great for summer gatherings! Blessings for your arrival at your new home :D