Sunday, May 23, 2010

Move Update

As I looked at the calendar, I realized that two months ago we arrived in Pennsylvania. The first part of our visit was to spend time with family before our big move overseas, but lately we have been occupying ourselves, waiting for our approval to join my husband in Korea. He left on May 1st and he has been busy. Last week he found an apartment and set up a time to sign the lease. The landlord needed an extra week to make sure everything is ready so this is the BIG week. My husband should be meeting on Tuesday to sign the lease, get the keys and move in. Once he has a lease in his hands, he can submit for the family orders to be cut, which will allow us to get our plane tickets and head to Korea. I am praying that our family will be back together within the next two weeks.

I have finished homeschooling the girls and we are trying to do fun things together before we leave the states for the next two years. This past week we went to Gettysburg PA , where we went to the Visitor's Center and toured some of the battlefields. I think the girls had more fun climbing the rocks at Devil's Den then they did at the Visitor's Center.

While I am excited to head to Korea, I am a bit scared at the same time. Living in a different country...adjusting to a new culture...and learning a new language seems overwhelming to me. BUT I know that God is faithful. He has already provided a new friend, who has been helping us over the last few months with information, encouragment and direction. I can't wait to meet her in person and thank her for all of her help :) Sometimes I need to encourage myself with God's Word to get through the things that life throws our way.

No comments: