Saturday, May 15, 2010

Life...it's a precious thing

Today my sister had her 5th child. A little boy named "Lucky". Actually that's not his name...when my 7 year old niece found out her mom was going to have a baby, she became very excited. She thought her mom and dad should name the baby "Lucky" Well of course they weren't going to do that but they still haven't come up with a name yet, so we have all been referring to him as "Lucky" Hopefully they will have a name before they leave the hospital next week.

"Lucky" was born this morning by c-section at 10:01AM. He is beautiful!! He weighs in at 7 lbs 8 oz and is 20 1/2 inches long. The girls and I went by to visit this afternoon and we got to hold him. He is precious! Makes me miss being pregnant, especially after the miscarriage I had two months ago.

In the midst of the wonderful news of new life, my friend called me to tell me that she was going to miscarry. I knew what she was going through! She had gone in for an ultrasound and the pregnancy showed that she was only 5 weeks when in reality, she was further along than that. My heart went out to her and I have been praying for her and her family. I know how hard my children took my miscarriage and I know her children will probably struggle with it too!

Yet in the midst of everything going on today, I will choose to serve Him. I choose to walk by faith and not by sight. I choose to trust the Lord in the good times and the bad. I may not understand why things happen but I do know that God is good and He loves us. He will never leave us and I need to stand on His Word (the Bible) and the promises He has for me.

No comments: