I was tagged by a friend on facebook to write 25 things about me, so I have copied it and placed it here. Maybe you'll learn something new about me or laugh about something you remember.
25 Random Things about Me
1. I was born in Baltimore, MD but my parents moved to Pennsylvania when I was 5 years old. I have called PA home until last year, when I became a Texan.
2. I met my husband at college. We got married and finished college as married students. If I remember correctly, the only class we had together was Preaching Doctrinal Issues with Dr. Leach.
3. I love to help people with budgets, finances and advice on saving money.
4. I am a stay-at-home mom, who periodically works from home doing billing for an anesthesia practice in PA.
5. I have attended Catholic School (St. Joseph’s in Dallastown, PA) and public school (Southern York County School District) but currently I homeschool my own children.
6. I will celebrate my 15th Wedding Anniversary this May, but my husband and I will be on two different continents.
7. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Pastoral Ministry.
8. When I was a teenager, I spent two summers doing missions work. The first summer was in NYC and the next was spent in India.
9. I love to organize and do administrative work.
10. I like to read…..and usually have a good murder mystery with me on vacation or a parenting/homeschool/self-help book on my bedside. Currently I am reading The Family You’ve Always Wanted by Gary Chapman.
11. I get a thrill from finding a good deal on things…especially something I need. I love saving money.
12. I have thought about going back to school for nursing, but my children are my focus right now. Who knows, maybe someday.
13. I have one sister, with whom I talk to almost everyday. We used to not get along very well, but once we both started our families, we had more in common. Love ya sis!
14. My dad and I were both college students at the same time… same college. He retired from the police department after 20 years and went back to college. I think we had one class together.
15. I am a first born. I am not a risk taker. I have learned though that sometimes I need to move out of my comfort zone...whether I like it or not.
16. I took 5 years of Spanish classes through high school and college but really can’t speak it. Part of the reason is that I don’t use it regularly, the other reason is fear.
17. I learned to play the flute in 5th grade and played through middle school in the band. After many changes in band directors during that time, I gave up playing in school and played for the worship team at church.
18. I love to watch police, investigative TV shows, like CSI, NCIS and Law and Order. Maybe it’s in my blood (my dad was a police officer for 20 years).
19. Almost two years ago my husband made a change in his career…he was on staff at the same church for almost 10 years and we left there for him to pursue his dream to be a Chaplain in the U.S. Army. We no longer live near family, but 1500 miles away from them.
20. I am a single parent but happily married (deployment will do that to you).
21. My favorite nighttime snack is Homestyle Popcorn with a little bit of extra butter on it and a can of Pepsi.
22. I have four beautiful daughters, Marissa (11), Katelyn (8), Victoria (will be 4 soon), Breanna (2), who keep me on my toes..and laughing.
23. I love to help women become better mothers and wives through encouragement, teaching and sharing my experiences.
24. I do once a month cooking…though my freezer is a bit low on meals right now. Since the holidays and vacations are over, I need to start planning my next shopping trip.
25. Even though I am in the middle of a deployment, I am content where I am, learning to lean on God and trust Him for ALL things.