Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Holidays...

I hope you are not looking at my title and thinking that I am being pluralistic....taking the Christ out of Christmas. I am not. There are a few upcoming Holidays that will be here very soon and I am trying be inclusive of all of them without having to list them indivudually in the title.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, just over one week away. Our household is looking forward to a visit from abuela. She will be arriving from NYC next Monday and the girls can't wait to see her. We have been planning this for quite some time now. We have not seen abuela since last December when she came to Fort Jackson, SC for Angel's graduation from CHBOLC, so we are all excited. We are making plans of places to take her and things we want to see with her. BLORA's Nature in Lights is at the top of that list. If you are ever near Fort Hood between Thanksgiving and New Year's, you need to make plans to see this extreme drive thru light show. It is great!

Christmas will be here before we know it. I saw a countdown clock this morning.....only 37 more days until Christmas. I remember last year, we arrived in Texas just days before Christmas. We had been through so much transition that after the household goods ( our belongings) arrived and the kitchen and a bathroom were set up, we put up our Christmas tree. This Christmas also brings change. Angel will be here with us for this Christmas...but not next.
As I was praying this morning, I asked the Lord to reveal Himself to those who are struggling this holiday season, especially those whose homes are missing loved ones due to deployment.
Can you tell what's on my mind?

After Christmas, the New Year will begin and we will be off and running in 2009. I hope that will be just as literal as it is figuratively. The other day we bought a treadmill and I am hoping to establish a routine of using it daily. My neighbor and I used to meet at 5AM, Monday thru Friday and walk 2.2 miles each morning, that was before Angel went away for training. With the deployment coming closer, I need to find a way to exercise that does not involve hauling 4 kids out into the cold morning.

Well, I hope that as the holidays are approaching, you are not only making preparations for your home but also your heart. May you know Christ and the fullness of His love. May this holiday season be a time of recomittment and dedication to serving the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

No comments: