Friday, September 28, 2007

Finally, An Update!

For everyone back home, I am finally getting to giving you an update on my experience at CH-BOLC. At first it took a while to get the train going, but it sure is rolling now.


Here are some photos to give you an idea of what I have been up to:

ROPES COURSE

Part of my class...











Here I am wearing my ACU...











Here is the 60 ft. Victory Tower that we all had to repel down on. It was an awesome experience. I wish we could do it again.








We also did the commando crawl, where you have to balance yourself on a single rope and pull your way across without falling onto a net. I was proud of myself for not falling off.











We had to go down this cargo net. All these events put your upper body to the test. My muscles were burning at the end of the day.
















CONFIDENCE AND TEAM COURSE

On another day, we did a good number of obstacles in teams. It was a great experience to build confidence with your team members and with yourself.


















PHYSICAL TRAINING

The Army is a place to get yourself physically fit and get paid for it, Hooah!

Here, someone recognized me and wanted my autograph. NOT!

We were just getting ready for PT, and I was filling out some paperwork.






My experience so far has been very fulfilling. I am so bless in many ways. One way is the fact that my family is living with me while I train. After we're done, we will be heading to our first duty station. This was a BREAKTHROUGH in prayer.

Another way that I am blessed is with my Class Leadership; the class leader and the platoon leaders. All of which are my peers.

I will not forget the leadership at USACHCS (United States Army Chaplain Center and School). From my platoon sergeant all the way up to the commandant, they are there with one goal in mind, to prepare us to provide spiritual support to Soldiers and their families. They are dedicated to seeing us succeed. Even the staff of the school, they are a phenomenal group of people. I praise the Lord for them.

I will try to keep making entries sooner than later but in smaller sizes. In the meanwhile, please keep Nicole, the girls, and me in your prayers. God has been gracious in many occassions and we would love to continue to see His mighty hand at work

No comments: