Monday, September 3, 2007

Commissioned Officer


On August 24, 2007, I was commissioned as a First Lieutenant for the United States Army by taking an Oath of Office. It was officiated by my Senior Chaplain, Chaplain (COL) Arthur C. Pace, at Carlisle Barracks, PA. This day marked 22 days left before I head down to Fort Jackson for training.

This honorable event took place in the chapel at the altar on the Carlisle Barracks. In the picture, CH Pace is on the left and I am standing on the right. Of course, the United States flag in the center. If you look closely, you can see the stain glass window in the background.

The stain glass window is a picture of “The Four Chaplains.” The Four Chaplains are four Army chaplains, CH Alexander D. Goode, CH George L. Fox, CH Clark V. Poling, and CH John P. Washington; who demonstrated bravery and courage while the USS (USAT) Dorchester sank, after being fired upon with three torpedoes by a the German U-223 submarine. To read more about these four great chaplains do an internet search for “Four Chaplains” or visit http://www.fourchaplains.org/story.html

I look forward to honoring the men and women who have contributed and helped me to reach this point in my life. I will honor this commission by honoring the Lord Jesus Christ in all that I do and say as a U.S. Army Chaplain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angel,

Congratulations!!!

CH-BOLC here he comes!

Blessings,

CH (CPT) Paul Lynn