Monday, December 21, 2009

A few of my favorite things....BOOKS

This past year I have purchased so many different books it's been crazy. I think I need to get another bookshelf just to hold my recent additions. I have not had the time to read everything I have bought, but I hope to soon. Even today, my dad recommended two more books that I should read.

I have bought books on sibling rivalry, dealing with anger and emotions, and making your children best friends. I have books by Terri Blackstock, Barbara & Dennis Rainey, Sally Clarkson, and the Kendrick brothers....just to name a few.

I have purchased books to strengthen and encouraged marriages (mine and other military families), help with homeschooling and some of them just for the fun of reading (I lean toward murder mystery series).

Today my dad recommended two books he is currently reading...
"No Perfect People Allowed: Creating a Come-as-You-Are Culture in the Church" by John Burke
"The Hole in Our Gospel" by Richard Stearns

So my question to you is....What book did you come across or read this year that has inpsired you to do something different or to make a change in your life? I'd love for you to share the book and why it has changed your life. And maybe it's not just one book, but even two of three of them.

No comments: