Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Final Stetch

As the process to be approved as a U. S. Army chaplain reaches its final stages, there is one more hurdle to jump; that is, a final interview with an Army senior chaplain. This coming Thursday at 9 a.m., I will be meeting with the senior chaplain in Carlisle. He will evaluate a manuscript of a couple of sermons I have prepared and my communication skills.

After this interview, my full packet will go before the Army Chaplain commissioning board, which will take place mid June.

I do ask for your prayers for the Thursday interview. I ask for the Lord Jesus to provide grace, peace, and joy. I am asking that the Lord grant me favor in the eyes of my senior chaplain. I am asking for continual breakthroughs as these final stages are being completed.

Thank you, so much, for keeping me and my family in your prayers. Please, feel free to leave a comment with a prayer or a word of encouragement. You could also email me at amperezch@comcast.net

I praise the name of the Lord God Almighty for His faithfulness and His grace. Those that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength. They will never be disappointed. They will see the glory of the Living God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angel,

Congratulations up to this point in your process, it seems as though God has continually opened doors for you and allowed his grace to fall upon you, I pray he will continue to have his light shining on you so you may continue to bless people the way you blessed us. Hope all is well with the family and we miss you greatly. God bless and I pray he will cover you with his blessings on a daily basis and people will see his light shining through you a mile away

Kymme and Dominick