Monday, May 3, 2010

Next Step

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind. My husband finished his outprocessing in Texas and flew into BWI Airport. The next day we hopped on a bus bound for New York City. Our plan was to spend 5 days with his mom and to visit his sister and her family and some old friends. We had a great time even though Angel's mom got sick and ended up in the Emergency Room one night and at the clinic another. The week went by fast and before you knew it, we were back on the bus and headed to Maryland. The next stop was my parents' house, where the girls and I had already been staying for the past 4 weeks.

My mom graciously offered to keep the girls so Angel and I could get away by ourselves. We decided to head east to Lancaster County. We had a great time together, where we were able to talk without interruption ;) We went to see Joseph at Sight and Sound Theatre, which by the way was fabulous. If you ever visit Lancaster PA, you need to save some extra money (the show costs about the same price as a show in NYC) and time (the show began at 4:15PM and we left the theatre around 7PM) and check it out. They always put on an outstanding performance.

By the time we arrived back at my parents', the list of things to be done were stacking up and time was running short. It was Wednesday afternoon and Angel was due to leave on Saturday. We crammed in time with family, time with friends and time to take care of issues that arose (such as going to Carlisle Army Barracks to get a Power of Attorney, a priceless piece of paper which allows me to take care of things in Angel's absence).

Well the day finally came....the day for Angel to leave, without us. After his mid tour break from Iraq last year, we learned that taking the girls to the airport to see their dad off was not a wise decision. We had fussy, crying kids that we had to drag out of the airport and it was not an easy task. This time Angel said his goodbyes to the girls at my sister's house and they stayed to play with thier cousins while I took him to the airport.

His flight was going to be crazy. Baltimore to Chicago, with a short layover there, then on to Seattle, where he would sit and wait until 4AM, when they loaded the charter flight to Korea. They left Seattle by 5AM(local time) on Sunday morning and headed to Japan, where they had another short layover before moving on to South Korea. The flight alone from the US to Korea is over 12 hours. The flight was suppose to arrive in Korea on Monday afternoon. I guess everything went as planned because early this morning (EST) my husband called from Yongsan, South Korea to let me know he made it safely. It was 7PM his time and he hadn't had a full nights sleep yet.

My prayer for him is that his body adjusts to the time change quickly and his inprocessing goes smoothly. By the end of the week he should be at his "Camp" and can hopefully start looking for a house for our family. Once he gets things all set up, the girls and I will be able to join him in Korea. I must say, I am not looking forward to doing all the flying with the girls by myself, but I know that people are praying and that God's grace is sufficient.

So as we are taking this next step in our lives, I am thankful for the support of friends and family. I am blessed to have fellow beleivers praying for us and I am glad that I serve a living God, who loves me and cares about me. My faith is what gets me through the tough times. Without Christ, I don't know where I would be today. So if you are embarking upon a journey of unknowns or facing hard things that this life has thrown at you, don't forget there this is a God who loves you. The Bible says that He will never leave you nor forsake you, so trust Him today. Trust Him tomorrow. Trust Him always!

No comments: